In Nova Scotia, my home province, most businesses will shut down, all schools and government offices will be closed and there will be services held at all cenotaphs and Royal Canadian Legion Branches.
I will be attending a service at the cenotaph near my home or I will be going with my father and grandfather to the service of their choice.
I will not be sleeping, in a warm bed, enjoying a free day off work.
I will be outside in the cold November wind. Poppy firmly attached to my coat, hat in pocket and hand over heart. Thinking, Reflecting, Remembering...
I will be expressing my gratitude for the choice that all those veterans, living and fallen, have made for themselves; To put their bodies and lives into the defence of family, country and freedom.
I will be doing what I can to ensure that their choices do not go unnoticed and unappreciated.
Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.
Let us not forget.

No comments:
Post a Comment